A great service project for your organization
Book donations are what keep our organization going. The more books we process, the more are purchased, the more we can help the children we serve. Books drives are an excellent way to ensure a steady stream of inventory for us! We’d love for your organization to host a book drive.
Who can sponsor?
Churches, businesses, schools, youth groups, small groups, children’s ministry, Boy Scout and Girl Scout Troops, homeschooling co-ops, even individuals…basically anyone that is looking for a fun and easy way to serve others. Are you a university group? Ask us about doing a textbook drive!
How should it be organized?
There are various ways that your organization can go about collecting books for us. Here are some suggestions:
- Have a collection box out for a predetermined amount of time. This works well for churches, businesses, or schools.
- Use us as your missions project. In 2015, Judah Christian collected books for us during their missions week, we’ve also had two Vacation Bible Schools collect books as their service project for the week.
- Fill a Truck. Do a one time event where you encourage the community to come out and fill up a truck with books.
- Host a book party! We’ve all been to at home sales parties…make it an at home donation party instead! We’ve even had several kids collect books instead of presents at their birthday parties.
- Do a neighborhood collection. We can give you a flyer to hand out, then go door to door giving neighbors the opportunity to clean out their shelves!
What should I do next
Interested? Please contact us so that we can help you get started! We love to offer tours as a starting point for groups that are going to serve us in this way. It’ll give you an idea of the how and why of Orphans Treasure Box.
Once you decide how your book drive will work, we can provide you with a banner, post cards, business cards, whatever you might need promote your event.
Sending out a flyer? You can print one of ours and add your own information to the back.